Monday, August 5, 2013

Three Minutes Eavesdropping

Normanday #88: People say the strangest things when they think nobody is listening.

Write for three minutes about…

…an overheard conversation.


Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day August 11 (put “Norman is a Great Conversationalist” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old).


Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…


…the county fair.



Tren Rewy Steb
Things I like about the county fair:
blue cotton candy
elephant ears
abnormally large zucchini
the rabbit barn
throwing ping pong balls into fish bowls
the lights on the ferris wheel
leashes for invisible dogs

Things I don’t like about the county fair:
pink cotton candy
4-H kids crying at the auction
the sound of the demolition derby
bees flying near trash cans
the steer barn
the ring toss
riding on the ferris wheel

No comments: