Monday, August 26, 2013

Three Minutes Resisting Temptation

Normanday #91: I thought about cheating, but I decided to get an “F” instead.

Write for three minutes about…

the hardest thing you didn’t do.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day September 1 (put “Norman has Incredible Willpower” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old).

Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about this photo.







































Tren Rewy Steb

Those two fish? She got those from me. I’m a fish genie. I know I look like a dog. Technically, I am a dog. I’ve got the furry paws, the waggy tail, and the urge to chase squirrels, the whole works. But I also have the power to grant wishes. I don’t just go around granting wishes to any ol’ person who happens to scratch my belly or give me a Milkbone. No. The person has to say the magic words. Usually they don’t know they’re saying them. The words are part of a pretty common expression, actually (and, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is), so I stay pretty busy with this wish-granting business.

No comments: