Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Three Minutes Fishing

Normanday #89: You didn’t catch any? What a shame.

Write for three minutes about this photo.







































Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day August 18 (put “Norman Caught One This Big” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old).

Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

…an overheard conversation.


Tren Rewy Steb
Have you ever come into a room and heard, “Shhh! She’ll hear you!” and know they’ve been talking about you? And you’re not sure what they were saying. Were they making fun of your new haircut or the way your pants are just a little too short? Or were they gossiping about why the teacher made you stay in at recess? Maybe they were planning a surprise party. It happened to me once. Id left for school, but halfway to the bus stop I realized Id left my homework in my bedroom. I ran home, up the stairs, and into my room. That’s when I heard, “Shhh! She’ll hear you!” The strange thing was, nobody was in my room. Nobody, that is, except my stuffed animals.

No comments: