Monday, April 29, 2013

Three Minutes Searching


Normanday #74: It was the last place I looked.

Write for three minutes about…

…a discovery.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day May 5 (put “Norman Can Ride a Unicycle While Hula-Hooping” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published children’s or young adult writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.

Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…


…a celebration.


Tren Rewy Steb
He said he wouldnt let go. I felt his steadying hand on the seat as I pedaled. I wobbled to one side and then the other but I wouldnt fall as long as he kept his promise. Pedal harder! he yelled. Dont let go! I yelled back. I pushed down hard on the right pedal and the left one swung to the top so I pushed down on that one, too. It was easier now, the pedals feeling less like walking in mud and more like treading water. The handle bars evened out. I was at the bottom of the drive-way now, my brother running along behind me. Onto the street now. Going faster and faster. I took a chance, took my eyes off the road, turned my head to see my brother. There he was. Half a block away, at the bottom of the driveway. He broke his promise. But I was riding on my own. I celebrated with a loop around the block. My first taste of freedom.

No comments: