Monday, May 20, 2013

Three Minutes Taking a Cat Nap


Normanday #77: Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Write for three minutes about…

…the weirdest place you ever fell asleep.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day May 26 (put “Norman Never Snores” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published children’s or young adult writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.

Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

…the zoo.


Tren Rewy Steb
My favorite part about going to the zoo wasn’t the polar bears, monkeys, or even the seals. It was the underground tunnel we had to go through from the parking lot to the zoo. It ran under the highway. Even with the baby strollers and toddlers all around, being in the tunnel felt like an adventure. Because there was no traffic, I was allowed to run ahead of my parents. It was like being in a cave. The sound of my feet hitting the smooth floor echoed against the walls. The tunnel seemed to go on for miles. After looking at all the animals, we got to go through the tunnel again, on the way back to the car. I ran, freer than the caged tigers.

No comments: