Monday, November 7, 2011

Three Minutes with a Talking Frog

Normanday #1: It Begins


Geesh. Have you read Morzant’s posts? He makes it sound like all I ever do is yank his chain. Do I tease him? Sure. Do I convince him to believe crazy stuff I make up? Who wouldn’t be tempted to mess a little with a gullible extraterrestrial? Do I interrupt his interviews and disrupt his experiments? Is that so wrong? Do I pretend to think he’s a frog? Heh-heh. Yeah. That’s fun. Is everything I do designed to amuse myself at his expense? Of course not. Some things I do only start out that way.


Take my novel. True, originally I only pretended to be writing a novel to get Morzant’s goat (see his November 2, 2010 post). But then I found out I actually like to write. Ever since, I’ve been working hard on my future award-winning novel.


Morzant gets Tuesdays for his posts. I asked Bigfoot if I could have a day on the blog all to myself, too. He said I could have Monday as long as I didn’t use it to torment Morzant. Fine, fine. My second choice is to use Mondays to help you have writing fun. This is how it’ll go: I’ll give you something to write about for three minutes and you’ll do it. Ready?


Write for three minutes about the time you…


…met a talking frog in the woods. He seemed to be in a hurry. He stopped only long enough to tell you he was from another planet and to ask for directions to the nearest library. You knew he was lying. He wasn’t an alien, he was really…


Okay, now share what you wrote with me and the followers of BIGFOOT READS. Send what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of this Friday (put “Norman is the Greatest” in the subject line). I’ll post a couple of my favorite entries next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.

2 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

No matter what, Big Foot, I'm not giving you my age to post!
Seriously though, I'm a fan of yours wacky posts. Just saying. Can't wait for your novel, if this month ever ends. :)

Norman the Half-Invisible Turtle said...

Mirka, I’m sure you realize I could easily find out your age from my friend Briar the Psychic Beagle. Don’t worry. I won’t post it. For a price. Heh-heh.

Someday my novel will be ready. Hope you like stories with villainous hermit crabs.