Monday, July 15, 2013

Three Minutes Planning a Trip

Normanday #85: I traveled by carrier pigeon.

You’ve just gotten a letter asking you to come to Hutchinson, Kansas. Write for three minutes about…

…who sent the request and why.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day July 21 (put “Norman is Ready for a Road Trip” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published children’s or young adult writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.

Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

…being at the swimming pool.


Cranberly
Swimmingly haiku 
Cool and refreshing
The water surrounds me now
I float blissfully

Treading, head bobbing
Squinting in the midday sun
I feel so weightless

I am so happy
Swimming in a crisp, clean pool
At peace with the world

No comments: