Monday, June 10, 2013

Three minutes at the drive-thru.


Normanday #80: Do you want fries with that?

Write for three minutes about…

…something that might happen at a restaurant.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day June 16 (put “Norman’s Dad is as Handsome as Norman” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published children’s or young adult writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.

Here are the entries from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

…something you think of because I need another break.


Cranberly
Time is a Liar
Each day passes quickly by
Sun rises in a summer sky
Seems like I have been here forever.
In my arms lies a baby new
Yet I feel like he is someone I knew
Seems like he has been here forever.
Watching home movies from 21 years ago
Surprised at what we didn't know
Seems like our memories are fading.


Tren Rewy Steb
I dreamt that my brother dropped something heavy on his foot. His foot was covered in a dark purple bruise. His toenails fell off. I had to pick them up. They were like giant cockroach carapaces and I cringed as I touched them.

No comments: