Monday, June 3, 2013

Three Minutes On Your Own. Again.


Normanday #79: Norman takes a vacation. Again.

Write for three minutes about…

…something you think of because I need another break.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day June 9 (put “Norman Looks Great in a Swimsuit” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published children’s or young adult writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.

Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

…channeling a spirit.


Bigfoot
Hey there. Am I coming through? It’s kind of staticky on this end. Go stand by that old silo. Perfect. Look, I really, really, really need a favor. I had to leave suddenly and I have a nagging feeling I may have left my stove on. I need you to go to my house and check. Can you do that? And while you’re at it, would you mind bringing in my mail? The box leaks and the forecast is for rain. One more thing and I’ll leave you alone. Oh, come on. Like you’re so busy. Really? Thanks! When I was a kid, the neighborhood bully threw my bike in a ravine. He was huge, so I couldn’t do anything about it. I always fantasized about coming back as a ghost and haunting him. The thing is, I don’t know where he lives. I need you to track him down for me. You will? That’s great. If you’d have said no, I was going to settle for haunting you.

No comments: