Monday, June 17, 2013

Three Minutes on a Trip

Normanday #81: There’s more to do in Ohio than you might think.

Write for three minutes about…

…a place you’d like to visit.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day June 23 (put “Norman is Adventurous” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published children’s or young adult writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.

Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

…something that might happen in a restaurant.


Bigfoot
I order the soup. When it comes, there’s a hair in it.
“Waiter,” I say. “There’s a hair in my soup.”
“Yes, sir. Can I bring you anything else?”
“Yes, soup with no hairs.”
“My apologies, sir. I must have given you the gentleman at table four’s order.”
The waiter brings me a fresh bowl of soup. There’s a fingernail in it.
“Waiter,” I say. “There’s a fingernail in my soup. And it’s cold.”
“Yes, sir. Can I bring you anything else?”
“Yes, hot soup with no fingernails.”
“You didn’t order cold fingernail soup?”
“No.”
“My apologies.”
The waiter brings me a fresh bowl of soup. It has a bat wing in it and it smells like two-day’s-dead skunk.
“Can I get you anything else?” the waiter asks.
“Yes!” I exclaim. “A second helping!”

No comments: