Monday, June 24, 2013

Three Minutes Helping an Elephant

Normanday #82: I can’t remember what he wanted.

Write for three minutes about…

…the time an elephant asked you to do him a favor.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day June 30 (put “Norman is a Genius” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published children’s or young adult writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.

Here are the entries from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

…a place you’d like to visit.


Cranberly

I would love to visit Greece. I have seen photos and it looks like a beautiful place. I am excited by the white buildings against the blue of the ocean and sky. The colors alone just look so vibrant. Also, I imagine the history is quite awe inspiring. In America, things are still relatively new. Even the oldest buildings are no more than a couple of hundred years old. In Greece, things are centuries old.

I would also love to spend more time in Europe in general. I have been to London, but only for a day. I would love a week to explore London more in depth. I would really like to go on the Harry Potter tour and visit Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum. I would love to see art museums and visit The Globe Theatre. And maybe have a chance to go to Italy and Spain after I am done touring London.


Norman the Half-Invisible Turtle

Zeenton is where I want to go. After knowing Morzant for all these years, I want to know if the other Zeentonians are like him. You know, squat and gullible. I want to see one of those teleporting Zementiny things he’s always talking about. But what if I find out he made those up? Then it would turn out that I’m the gullible one. I don’t think I could handle finding out that Morzant pulled one over on me. If everybody found out, they’d all gang up on me. Pretty soon it’d be 365 days of April’s Fools’ pranks all directed at me. I’d have to move to Wisconsin. I can’t move to Wisconsin! Turtles can’t eat cheese. This is a disaster. Why did I go to Zeenton? I don’t even like traveling. Next time I’m staying home and taking a nap instead.

No comments: