Monday, September 30, 2013

Three Minutes Carving a Pumpkin


Normanday #96: It’s beginning to look a lot like Halloween.

Write for three minutes about…

…something scary.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day October 6 (put “Norman is Fearless” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old).

Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

…the moment you realize it’s autumn.


Cranberly
The leaves start to change color in early September or even late August and I get excited. But I know better to be fooled. You will still get summer-like days after the leaves start to change. I don’t start thinking it’s Fall until that first morning I wear pants because it’s a bit too chilly to have bare legs. And I love the feeling of pants on that first crisp, cool morning. I have ignored pants all summer, choosing dresses and long shorts and capris. But the feel of the fabric against my calves is such a comfort. It floats and glides as I walk, skims my ankles and tickles the top of my feet, which are usually still in sandals. I know, then, it is Autumn. And when I finally put on socks and a proper pair of shoes, it is Winter.

No comments: