Write for three minutes about…
…the moment you realize it’s autumn.
Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day September 29 (put “Norman Likes to Jump in Piles of Leaves” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old).
Here are the entries from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes…
…listing all the things you’d rather do than study for a test.
These are things I’d rather do than study for a test:
- Fill an entire swimming pool one paper cup at a time.
- Listen to my grandmother tell her I-used-to-share-my-bed-with-five-siblings story.
- Brush my teeth with sandpaper.
- Eat a bug. Not those tiny ants. To get out of studying for a test I’d eat some of those big, fat centipede things. You know they’d totally wriggle all the way down your throat and maybe even a little once they got to your stomach. Even that would beat studying for a test.
- Paint a mile’s worth of double yellow lines on a busy road. With an eyelash.
There’s nothing I’d rather do than study for a test, not even:
eat two ice cream sundaes
drive a Maserati Khamsin
swim with dolphins
celebrate Christmas, my birthday, and Halloween at the same time
star in the next Batman movie