Monday, September 16, 2013

Three Minutes Not Studying for a Test

Normanday #94: I would have studied but my closet needed organizing.

Write for three minutes…

…listing all the things you’d rather do than study for a test.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day September 22 (put “Norman Always Flosses” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old).

Here are the entries from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

…something that happened at school.


Hanghang, Age 8
Today I went to school. First we played for a while because we were early. Next the bell rang, we all rushed to the line. Then we went to the classroom but I did not see Vincent. After an hour, we all went to recess and played. In addition, after recess, we ran laps. Finally, when we were reading Charlotte’s Web, Vincent came. He told us that he was late because he went to a doctor. He had an ear infection. The teacher asked if he was okay. Vincent said he was okay.



Tren Rewy Steb
It’s the beginning of the seventh grade. A lot of the kids I know and have known since kindergarten. But there are other kids, too, new to me because they went to different grade schools. One kid I know from my school. He’s one of the popular kids so he’s not somebody who talks to me. In gym class I’m excited because we’re going to run races. I’m fast, or at least I’ve always thought so. I always used to beat my cousin when we raced around the house. The gym class races are relay races. My team in is the lead when it’s my turn to run a lap around the fenced-in blacktop area that doubles as a parking lot. By the time I’m halfway around, our team isn’t winning anymore. I hear somebody angrily yelling at me to “Move it!” and “Go faster!” I can’t understand what my problem is. I pump my legs as fast as I can, but I feel like I’m slogging through mud and I’m out of breath. When I pass the baton to the next runner all I can see is the look of disgust on the popular kid’s face. He shakes his head and throws up his arms, not believing that he got stuck with such a loser on his team.

No comments: