Monday, July 16, 2012

Three Minutes with Fido

Normanday #37: Sure he’s talented, but can he catch a rabbit?


I can’t believe the amazing trick that dog did. I’ve never seen anything like it, with the balancing and that other part. I wouldn’t know how to describe it. You were there. How would you describe it?


Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day July 22 (put “Norman Can Whistle with a Mouthful of Crackers” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published children’s or young adult writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.


Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes…


…about the commotion you hear outside your window right as you’re about to fall asleep.



Bigfoot

What is that racket? I really need to get to sleep. I have that big test in the morning. If I don’t get enough rest I’ll never be able to fill in those little bubbles. They make those things too dang small.


Whoa! What’s going on out there? Are those lightning bugs? What are they doing?


“Hey, you lightning bugs! Knock it off! No maracas after 10 p.m.”


There, that’s better. Now I can get to bed. I’ll just turn off the light and—


Now what?


“Hey, crickets! Are you kidding me with the bongos?”


I swear. Insects can be such pests.

No comments: